This section of WorldWar2History.info is devoted to Easy Company, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne Divison — the “Band of Brothers” made famous by the late Stephen Ambrose (and the wonderful HBO mini-series now on DVD).
Our first feature here is a section from Stephen Ambrose’s book. We’ve converted the original text of Chapter 9 in “Band of Brothers” for the Web and separated it into nine sub-sections so that it’s easy to read online. Click here to start reading or jump to any one of the sub-sections below.
Band of Brothers E-Text
- The Island: Holland, October 2 – November 25, 1944
- Easy Confronts a Company of German SS
- Attacking the Germans
- Under Artillery Bombardment
- They Did Everything Right
- Easy Company Veterans and Replacements
- Rescuing the British Paratroopers
- Easy Moves to the Rear