World War II Timeline
July 29, 1921
- Adolph Hitler becomes the leader of the National Socialist German Workers (Nazi) Party.
October 29, 1922
- Fascist leader Benito Mussolini is appointed the Premier of Italy.
January 3, 1925
- Mussolini ends democracy in Italy by dismissing the Italian Parliament.
January 30, 1933
- Adolph Hitler is appointed the Chancellor of Germany.
June 14, 1933
- The Nazis make all other political parties in Germany illegal.
October 25, 1936
- Hitler and Mussolini announced a Rome-Berlin alliance -- the Axis.
March 12, 1938
- Germany invades Austria and annexes it the next day.
September 29, 1938
- Germany, Britain, France, and Italy sign the Munich Pact allowing Germany to invade the Sudeten territories of Czechoslovakia.